Friday, January 25, 2008

Dancing Queen....Having the time of your life....

Nestled among the glorious mountains with the church bells ringing out at 6am, a cascade of feather light snow welcomed the morning and the sun again graced us with it's presence...
Up early seems to be a habit that my body enjoys. The first to wonder the halls and behold the day's activity feels almost as though I am sneaking up on Santa and the gifts yet to receive.
Feeling much better as the allergy that affected me so deeply for the previous days is almost completely healed. I had accidentially given myself an oil massage with neem oil rather then brahmi oil the morning after arriving in Salzburg with terribly painful side effects of a rash over my entire body... poor thing has had me itching like crazy with fear that I was even at times disturbing my delightful roommates! Oh well.. it is on the mend and I am so grateful for time.... it does heal everything non? HAHA
Howard, our friend from England, was taken to hospital with chest pain this morning. By afternoon he was taken by helicopter to Salzburg for examination and tests. Apparently since the two exams from morning and afternoon were different, it appeared that he had a mild heartattack. He has had immediate surgery to unblock two arteries that were causing the chest pain and high blood pressure. Having to stay there over night we are still awaiting news of his recovery and everything has come back into balance with the relief of the surgery. His beloved wife Pat has been nurtured and nourished by the sanga with assistance and comfort during this time. She appears to still be in good spirits and the return of our friend is looked forward to.
That said the day and it's unfolding of Sutras clearly mirrored our hearts concerns and the desire for freedom from all and everything that contributes to our, and the world's suffering...
With love
Om
Jennifer

No comments: