Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Joannes Chrysostomus Wolfgangus Theophilus Mozart...and stuff

A glorious sunny day was welcomed after the rain, the cold and the fact that I don't really have proper winter clothes with me!
After a leisurely breakfast with Ann and Pam we parted ways for now as they headed out for home, Ann to Scotland and Pam back to Sussex (with eyes open I hope!!!). That's an inside joke folks so you need not scratch your head about it!
I rested for the better part of the morning and then made my way out to stretch the limbs along the cobble stone streets of the Old City. It took awhile to find a place to lunch and even though I was terribly hungry it was still very hard to adjust to the fact that smoking is allowed in restaurants. The table I selected was far, far away from everyone but a couple of gentlemen were soon to plop down beside me and lit up as the first course was served. MMMMMM, delicious... that fresh, Marlboro taste with extra butter please! I still have not, and probably won't adjust to this... How in the hell did I waitress all those YEARS in bars and clubs where everyone smoked is beyond me!
So, after I finished my cigar sandwich I decided to check out Mozart's birthplace and residence museums. It was as charming and thought provoking as I had thought it would be. Of course, the thought of seeing it with Chris arose only to be shaken off with a laugh since I'm sure he would be waiting for me at the pastry shop outside fiddling with his camera and sooooo just wanting me to, 'Take your time and enjoy yourself'... A second piece of strudel and cafe' would be the key point here...
Salzburg is a beautiful city... views from the river take in the majestic Hohensalzburg Fortress. It commands such a present.
The streets in the Old City beckon for one to 'remember' and for me it is not hard to get lost in the history which seems to whisper from each nook and crainy. The stories themselves seem to speak to you with the baroque architecture, religious monuments and precious detail in every door, every placement of stone which has carried the weight, the secrets, of times we can only imagine...
It was a busy day flowered with divine moments and strolls along the river. Time to rest as tomorrow I have some other things to prepare for.
Be well
Love and blessings
Jennifer

No comments: